Homeowners who are adversely impacted by this national emergency may request mortgage assistance by contacting their mortgage servicer.
• All Foreclosure sales and evictions of borrowers are suspended for 60 days.
• Homeowners impacted by this national emergency are eligible for a forbearance plan to reduce or suspend their mortgage payments for up to 12 months
• Credit bureau reporting of past due payments of borrowers in a forbearance plan as a result of hardships attributable to this national emergency is suspended
• Homeowners in a forbearance plan will not incur late fees
After forbearance, a servicer must work with the borrower on a permanent plan to help maintain or reduce monthly payment amounts as necessary, including a loan modification.
Also, Fannie Mae also offers help navigating the broader financial effects of this national emergency to homeowners with a Fannie Mae-owned mortgage through its Disaster Response Network*, including:
• A needs assessment and personalized recovery plan.
• Help requesting financial relief from insurance, servicers, and other sources, Web resources and ongoing guidance from experienced disaster relief advisors
Homeowners can find out if they have a Fannie Mae-owned mortgage and access to the Disaster Response Network™* by visiting www.KnowYourOptions.com/loanlookup.
We are in this together, if you need any more detail information please give us a call at (714) 963-7462. We are ready and willing to help. There is also important to emphasize to protect yourself from scams.
Keep Safe! #StopTheSpread #AloneTogether #StayHome