By Sandy Flores Broker,
If you really are, you better get ready for the unknown facing such a big enterprise just on your own. Home buying without an agent is not your best option. The process of buying a home is complex, filled with paperwork; it requires expert negotiations and often faces small and sometimes big problems which, if left undetected, can easily blow up into proportions so huge that your entire transaction could be placed into jeopardy, or may not happen it all.
I know I am a Realtor, you will say, but let me tell you that a Realtor will play a significant role in the successful Home Buying purchase. A buyer’s agent fiduciary responsibility is to look out for your interests first.
Among some of the buyer’s agent’s duties are :
- Negotiating on your behalf.
- Fight for the sales price, terms, and conditions.
- Follow strict time lines needed to be taken in consideration to avoid complications.
- Keep you informed every step of the way. Keep in mind a transaction may take 30 to 45 days on a regular basis, however there could be unexpected delays that could cause consequences that will end it up impacting the estimated closing.
- Make you aware of any defects or potential issues the agent can see.
- Provide you with seller disclosures and every piece of documentation to which you are legally entitled to receive on a timely manner.
- Keep in constant communication with all parties involved in the purchase, so you the buyer is well informed of the entire progress.
Now, what about real estate commission? You may be thinking as a buyer you could save money by going directly with the seller, however let me share with you that in almost every instance, the seller pays the fee for the buyer’s agent, so it costs you nothing extra.
So, what do you have to lose when hiring an experienced agent – it’s on the contrary you will hire a licensed professional who will represent your best interest in this undertaken. As in my own professional opinion and affirmation, a Realtor will be always there for you! Not only during or after the purchase, but always. I am proud to be a Realtor, and wear my Realtor’s hat with dignity, pride and satisfaction of being part of such a tremendous accomplishment on behalf of the buyers. Because, Home ownership matters!